Oops! should be “almond” milk, LOL. Can’t believe we both missed it and you’re the first one to notice. I’ll fix it.
Darlene also commented
- Actually it’s not wheat – only wheat is wheat. Spelt is a GRAIN, and so is wheat. But spelt is not wheat. Brown rice is a grain, so is kamut, so is barley, rye and triticale. Read this for more information:
- well you can’t really, that sorta defeats the purpose of using whole grains, not pre-processed flour. You won’t get the same fluffy pancakes unless you go buy some whole spelt. Try it, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the results.
- you could try it – but might be bitter. I think the baking soda needs something to react with. The recipe called for white sugar – I substituted agave for it. You could also try apple sauce, or Stevia (which is unlike any sweetener cause it’s actually good for you if you get a good brand) So they may not “fluff” without it -but try it and report back to us.
I just realized I had put “baking powder” twice too – the second amount should be “baking soda” – man I must have been sleeping at the switch when I did that post.
Recent comments by Darlene
Oh you can see where we stopped in Texas on our 17,000 mile 5.5 month trip through the US and Canada here: http://www.youngsnowbirds.com/places-visited/
Jon, most people agree that Austin isn’t really Texas. It isn’t at all like the rest of the state and I can attest to that, having been to Austin and around it a bit. Not many people in Austin speak “Texan” with little or no accent. Hit southern Texas around Corpus Christi and regions around it and you’re in real cattle country, full on Texas towns.
Anyway, congrats, she’s gorgeous!
- Recipe: Super Green St. Patricks Day Soup
Yes the whole leek, green and white parts. Spinach – hmm, that’s interesting – one bunch I’d say. Can’t remember now. You can’t really do it wrong.
- How To Eat Healthy Traveling – Part Two, Dining Out
we can’t give you permission to use that photo, we bought it from a stock photo agency – you need to go pay for it yourself, we do not have copyright for this image.
- Get A Free Copy Of The Attractor Factor
Dorota – that post was 1.5 years ago, that contest is long over. But to read that book FREE – go to your local library!