Sparkling~Soul wrote:Ok...here are my new goals:
1. no pizza or fast food (fried or not)
2.3x up & down my 3 flights of stairs daily
3. at least 3 15 minute walks
4. make a vegetable soup w/no meat to always have on hand if I feel I have to have something & don't feel like preparing
5. Journal food & feelings
6. Read at least 1 chapter in BFL & study the photos...know its possible...believe & visualize....I have the hardest time with that.....because when I look in the mirror the person looking back i don't want to see but I do....
excellent! looks more more do-able!
Rob at your heaviest ..(1)how did you visualize....and believe it was you....and...I don't know just intrested how you handled this part, (2) I also wanted to ask you about headaches....that is something I get alot of whenever I start eating less & I also remember having them when I worked out really hard in the past....I always wanted to feed the headache...I know that sounds weird but after I would eat too much headache was gone....food addiction withdrawl???? I had one last night drank a slimfast just to not have a sandwich instead (it was late) & it helped but did this ever happen to you?
Yes headaches can be caused by not eating enough OR more commonly, not drinking enough water. I know you don't want to weight yourself, but this one thing might make you want to. I have an easy formula to know how much water you need daily.
weight in lbs - divided by 2 = number of ounces of water you need daily (at rest) when you are active, you need more. when you drink coffee, pop, juice or alcohol - more.
so let's say someone's weight is 250lbs, divided by 2 is 125. So you need 125 oz of water, or about 15.5 EIGHT OZ glasses of water a day. Dehydration is one of the most common causes of headaches. WATER, not juice, or a shake or pop - just WATER. Distilled is best - but whatever you got is great. Are you drinking 15-16 glasses of water a day?
Let me ask you another question - why are you eating less? What are you eating? One Smart cookie journaled her eating for one week so we could see what she was eating and make suggestions for her on how to make some changes, slowly. I suggest you keep track of what you eat too and if you want help, just ask. Rob can put you on the 12 week program of one change a week I'm sure if you ask him. He's just developing it all now.
It's also not about how much you eat but WHAT you eat. I mentioned before vegetables are free - you can eat as many as you want. Until you start adding in butter, cheese, creamy dressings etc - that's where the extra calories and fat come from that are not healthy or supportive to health and weight loss. So it's about WHAT you eat. Last night we had Lentil loaf
, red lentil dahl
, steamed cauliflower and kale (with Braggs
, Udo's oil
and sesame seeds), and a big salad with home made cranberry dressing
. I had just played floor hockey and Rob was amazed how much food I put away - I'm 5'0" and 106 lbs remember. I ate almost as much as he did - but my body was burning up fuel fast cause I had used energy playing and it needed more. And I lost 1.5 lbs this week.
(3) what is your philosophy on the veggies/meat/carb thing now....in your story you said the book you read told you not to eat them together and you said doing this worked for you...do you still follow that? because I am following what you did...Hey it worked for you, and following what you did makes it seem easier to me...so I was just wondering before I went that direction what you thought now that you know so much more... ok I think thats it for now, new goal dates 19 to 29th Jan o8'...ok so my dates change alot...I'm working the kinks out! Have a great week everybody!!! S~S
I know that Rob tries different things all the time - heck I get confused and I'm cooking for him. Sometimes he cuts out grains entirely. Right now we are both eating vegetarian for 2 months again (we've both been vegetarian at times). I know he often doesn't want starchy carbs or grains after 6pm.
I'll make sure he reads this.