Nope.. .Keep it to 10 reps max. That's it.. no more. no 12, no 15, no 25.
WV Mel wrote:I got this info from another site. I hope it is ok to share it here.
The three-times-per-week (on alternating days) training schedule will prevent overtraining. It looks something like this:
- Chest Press (dumbbells): 12 reps … men = 25 lb. dumbbells; women = 15 lb. dumbbells
- Barbell Squat: 15 reps … men = 75 lbs.; women = 40 lbs.
- Seated Row: 15 reps … men = 60 lbs.; women = 30 lbs.
- Prone Hyperextension (back extension): 15 reps … men and women use bodyweight only
- Seated Shoulder Press (dumbbells): 12 reps … men = 20 lb. dumbbells; women = 10 lb. dumbbells
- Standing Calf Raise: 15 reps … men = 50 lbs; women = 30 lbs.
- Lying Leg Curl: 12 reps … men = 50 lbs.; women = 30 lbs.
- Barbell Curl: 12 reps … men = 40 lbs.; women = 20 lbs.
- Lying Triceps Extension (dumbbells): 12 reps … men = 15 lb. dumbbells; women = 8 lb. dumbbells
- Lying Leg Raises: 15 reps … men and women use bodyweight only
-- snip --
TEN reps. That's it.
Weight.. as heavy or light as it takes to get 10 reps
. Simple. No more, no less
start with 5 or 8 pounds. If you can do 11 reps.. it's too light
. go heavier until you can only do 10 reps. That's the perfect weight. 9 reps is ok and 8 reps is ok too, but more than 10 is not
after a week, 2 weeks, a month, whatever... when you can do 11 reps... it's too light.. add more weight.
this is to be easy... nothing to calculate... baby steps
Pick one or two exercises per body part and stick with them for 6 weeks, then change your program
... and MEL, I'm not saying your wrong and I'm not saying the program is wrong.. I have a plan
here. I have a bigger picture in mind. Thank you for the posts and thank you for participating and thank you for involving yourself in the discussion. I have nothing but praise and appreciation for everyone. This one thing thought... I have a plan. Didn't someone famous say that?
There is NO way I could personally answer every question. That would not be impossible, but highly improbable. Therefore, I fully love and appreciate each of you supporting one another and I thank you all for that. Please do not misunderstand.
thank you, thank you, thank you