Sparkling~Soul's Journey?

The fall and winter 2007 weight loss and fitness challenge from Dec 1 2007 to Feb 29 2008

Re: Sparkling~Soul's Journey?

Postby onesmartcookie on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:03 am

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. - Epictetus

http://onesmartcookiesjourney.blogspot.com/

"The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be. "
onesmartcookie

Postby Sparkling~Soul on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:42 am

easier said than done, thank you for introducing me to 'Epictetus'....I looked up and read many of his quotes, they were like medicine to me, appriciated!!
Sparkling~Soul

Postby Sparkling~Soul on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:46 am

photogirl67 wrote:cool, do what you gotta do - see you soon.

What 'I gotta do' is let you know I will NOT be wanting any advice from you period, take care have a happy life but stay out of mine! :!:
Sparkling~Soul

Postby Sparkling~Soul on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:56 am

photogirl67 wrote:ah, well I was not privy to that info ;-)

I prefer you not be 'privy' to anything about me.....I will keep all my feelings and stories to myself in my writings here at home....especially if they are going to be used in a hurtful or demeaning way....like u said 'we are not the same body types' so I do not need advice from u on that!
Sparkling~Soul

Postby onesmartcookie on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:35 am

Seeing words in black and white is amazing thing and words can be powerful. This is why I love to write.

Journalling can take different forms. I blog all my food diary and add comments online in my own blog. Its more for me really. I have no idea if others read it..

Sometimes I write here in the forum. For me, the forum and all its users have been supportive and offered me help, suggestions, and ideas. Always support, always. Remember, you are not alone on this journey. Many of us have been or are now where you are... Perhaps there are others who read the board and are quiet but are reading this thinking.. I get that, I understand, etc.

Sometimes my feeling can be more complex and involved so I write them in a word file. Some of those Word files I will be sharing with others in upcoming writings for the blogs and some I will not. Stay tuned..

This is your personal journey and your path, how you choose to share or keep those feelings close to you is entirely up to you. No one will think ill of you otherwise.. :hug

I can only speak for myself, but I know for a fact that documenting what is happening whatever form that takes, is crucial to me. It makes me accountable. I think of it as my "To Do List."

Remember, don't we always check off the shopping list as we roam through the aisles? This is my life checklist.

Best Wishes,

OSC

"The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be. "
onesmartcookie

Postby photogirl67 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:54 am

Sparkling~Soul wrote:
photogirl67 wrote:ah, well I was not privy to that info ;-)

I prefer you not be 'privy' to anything about me.....I will keep all my feelings and stories to myself in my writings here at home....especially if they are going to be used in a hurtful or demeaning way....like u said 'we are not the same body types' so I do not need advice from u on that!

wow, obviously something I said has hit a nerve with you and it was certainly unintended. As OSC words in black and white are open to interpretation on the reader's end, and sometimes what is written by the author comes accross wrong or with a different message.

I have learned something from this - and I guess you may not care - but I've learned to be more clear in my writing. I am always careful of how people reading will perceive my words, and I missed that.

what I meant by different body types is what Dosha we are - as in Ayurvedic body types: pita, kapha, vata.

http://www.whatsyourdosha.com/

Rob is Kapha, sometimes Pitta - I am Vata, sometimes Pitta. We process food differently. Our metabolisms are different.

Have you read this? http://www.formerfatguyblog.com/2007/09 ... urner.html - Rob and I are different there too.

My point was that we are different, nothing more nothing less. I am caucasian and Lucy Lu is Chinese - we're different. It's like saying Rob is tall and I'm short. I don't take offense to that cause it's just stating a fact, I AM short. He's almost 3 times my size - do you think I would make fun of someone who has a different body type - you ask him if you don't believe me? I have a friend who is over 200 lbs and has lost over 100 lbs, and she is an amazing women, she is beautiful. I love her for her heart and soul, her body is of no consequence to our friendship.

so take what I said however you want - but thank you for this learning experience for me. I take it to heart and will be more conscious of making myself more clear in the future.
Darlene - coach@bestbodycleanse.com
http://www.bestbodycleanse.com

heaviest 137 lbs (was a lot my 5'0" frame, size 10-11)
most fat 38%?
current 105 lbs - body fat 22%
goal - tone more, hit 15%, maintain optimal weight
photogirl67

Postby onesmartcookie on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:58 am

Thanks for posting the body type info. somewhere. I had wanted to read that because it was something I knew very little about and wanted to know more! I'm a Kapha in body and mind apparently.

Oh yes, I do remember when I met Darlene and blurted out, "You're tiny!" Whoops, inner voice unleashed. :oops: I meant no harm and hoped I wouldn't offend and realize that people have sensitivities.

Now I refer to Darlene and Petite and Powerful! :lol:

onesmartcookie

Postby Rob on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Darlene is Vata body type

she was an overweight Vata and unhappy with her appearance just like anyone who has excess weight that they're carrying. Being unhappy with her weight and relationship, Darlene considered choices most certainly not in her best interest.

SS, you most definatly are on a Journey. Your thread is appropriately named. Journey's have all sorts of twists and turns and it's how you interpret them and then make choices that lead you to your next destination. The choices are always yours to make.

I wont get in the middle of this, as there's nothing to get in the middle of. Darlene offered her comments and were interpreted in the form they were.

I offered a book for you to read, as I offered to James and to One Smart Cookie and all the readers of my blog in my post Victim or Victor. It was about 10 days ago I believe, that I suggested that you get The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. I hope you took my advice and if so, turn to chapters 3 and 4, the Second and Third Agreement:

Agreement #2 - Don't Take Anything Personally

Agreement #3 - Don't Make Assumptions

It's been wonderful getting to know you and hear the fire in your words when you chose to take your life back. I hope you continue on a wonderful journey and get the results you're looking for. We're always here for questions, answers and I can guarantee you that neither Darlene nor I take anything personally, so feel free to say whatever's on your mind.
Rob, BTDT, Forum Admin, Author of Fat Loss Fundamentals | Follow me on Twitter
I recommend this Nutritional Cleansing and Fat Burning System for optimal health and longevity.
Rob
Site Admin

Postby photogirl67 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:37 pm

thanks for that OSC - I wasn't offended, I like that title thanks!
Darlene - coach@bestbodycleanse.com
http://www.bestbodycleanse.com

heaviest 137 lbs (was a lot my 5'0" frame, size 10-11)
most fat 38%?
current 105 lbs - body fat 22%
goal - tone more, hit 15%, maintain optimal weight
photogirl67

Postby Sparkling~Soul on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:14 am

...Today I decided to visit a website I had used years ago when wanting inner guidence or say, conformation to the 'inner' spirit that I was headed in the right direction- http://www.72.com -for a "Daily Tune-Up" it's "Technology for the Soul"
Only when I use it consistantly in my life has it made a difference.....anyway, Today I went and my question to the universe was ...(IN MY HEAD)... "How do i make things work out differently in my life from now on"?... The answer was...

#66 ACCOUNTABILITY
:shock:
the meditation when focusing on the Ancient Hebrew Letters is...

With These letters, my impulses toward self-pitty, retaliation and revenge are swept away. I see that a "victims mentality" is the foundation of all those feelings. I replace that thinking with the understanding that I am the creator of my own circumstances. And I know that what I have created, I can change. Thus, everything changes now!

..............verrry interesting wouldnt you say.....I thought so.....so many things have been revealed to me this past week or I should say I am being verry aware in my living each day & seing things 'in' everything that are like signs that I am moving in the right direction & learning...although it be slow, It be happnin!...and this to me was just another sign .....it is almost verbatim.....things that make ya go hmmm :D .......funny thing is this has always happened allot, but I am paying attention to it now & just learning how to...... "act on what I learn & put it into practice"...........
Sparkling~Soul

PreviousNext

Return to Winter Weight Loss and Fitness Challenge 2007