Just turned 50

Recently registered with the Former Fat Guy Community? Introduce yourself, tell your story or your goals and let the other users get to know you.

Just turned 50

Postby john1 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi, my name is John and I turned 50 in December and the first of the year I entered a biggest loser contest with a few of my buddies. I have been overweight for most of my adult life and it is time to lose the extra weight for my health. My cholesterol levels are high and I have high blood pressure. So far I have lost 19 pounds and have been walking on the treadmill for 3 miles in 46 minutes daily. This past week I joined a gym and am working with a personal trainer and began weight training. I have drastically cut back on my eating. I am eating healthy, however my wife is on Weight WAtchers and she feels that I am not eating enough at this point. According to Weight Watchers I should be able to have 40 points and I am only eating 13-20 per day. I am eating only whole grains, protein and fruits and vegetables, only drinking water and one cup of coffee per day. I seem to be stuck on a plateau right at the moment, could I not be eating enough?
john1

Return to Introductions