Pimp My Diet challenge

Have me go over your current diet based on your goals and your lifestyle to recommend improvements or suggestions. One person per month will have their diet Pimped.

Pimp My Diet challenge

Postby Fitness Nette on Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:32 am

You look to have plenty of volunteers but I'd love to be at the front of the line to get pimped!! :lol: er...um... I mean to have my diet pimped. ;)

I think I'd be a fun challenge... I currently eat a fairly clean diet and would love to see what someone could do to refine it. I have written goals, affirmation statements, weeks worth of workouts... but no real diet plan that I follow. I typically wing it and tend to be mostly successful by keeping a good supply of appropriate foods on hand. But I strongly believe that my biggest weakness is my diet... I don't plan ahead and although I've gained a lot of experience on preparing meals, I strongly believe my nutrition is what keeps me at looking good and not looking fabulous.
Fitness Nette

Re: Pimp My Diet challenge

Postby Rob on Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:37 pm

Well, if you had to put a number on how many pounds of fat you wanted to lose, what would it be?

do you track body composition, or just weight?

age?

how often per week do you exercise?

what sort of exercise do you do?

lets start there

Fitness Nette wrote:I currently eat a fairly clean diet and would love to see what someone could do to refine it.

I LOVE that statement. I was just talking about "eating clean" and what that means. What does that mean? it's so subjective.

I'm going to be working with awthorn this first round (see his weight loss story here) He's 405lbs, getting married in a few days and this is going to be my wedding present to him. I am surrounded by weddings these days. What is with that? my guides giving me a hint that the girl I met is the right one? Most people would dismiss a sign like this, but the volume has been turned full blast on this wedding thing. Geesh
Rob, BTDT, Forum Admin, Author of Fat Loss Fundamentals | Follow me on Twitter
I recommend this Nutritional Cleansing and Fat Burning System for optimal health and longevity.
Rob
Site Admin

Postby photogirl67 on Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:48 pm

HA! and me being a wedding photographer no less.

interesting
Darlene - coach@bestbodycleanse.com
http://www.bestbodycleanse.com

heaviest 137 lbs (was a lot my 5'0" frame, size 10-11)
most fat 38%?
current 105 lbs - body fat 22%
goal - tone more, hit 15%, maintain optimal weight
photogirl67

Postby Fitness Nette on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:34 am

I think it's an excellent idea that awthorn gets pimped out first! Weddings are an exciting time in your life...new beginnings, so it's great timing for him. I still gush about weddings, being a newlywed myself!

lbs of fat to loose: 10lbs (currently 175, 5'11and roughly 23% bf)
29 years of age
3 days a week weight lifting, 2 days of HIIT and 1-2 days of "fun" activity (i.e. 15 mile bike ride, hiking, etc)

This was my typical schedule and I've been back at it for 2 weeks now. There was a couple month break w/ wedding and honeymoon activities consuming most of my time and energy! (thus the few extra pounds)

I really loved my body composition at about 165 and hovering around 19-20% bf. It was a comfortable spot for me to maintain and would love to get back there.

As fas as eating clean... you're right it's totally subjective. So here's my version: no processed foods, home grown (out of my garden) or orgainic veggies and fruits, free range meat - very limited red stuff (except bison... my non-guilty pleasure), tons of water, green tea.... and I try to stay at about 90% compliance. Life happens and I've learned not to stress about it.

I love to talk nutrition.... so I choose not to wait to see what you have to say Rob... or anyone else!
Fitness Nette

Postby Fitness Nette on Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:35 am

Thanks Carol! It's all about lifestyles choices... and baby, I'm committed!!

~not to be confused w/ "committed" as in the funny farm!!~
Fitness Nette

Postby Blush on Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:23 pm

Fitness Nette wrote:Thanks Carol! It's all about lifestyles choices... and baby, I'm committed!!

~not to be confused w/ "committed" as in the funny farm!!~

You mean you aren't out on a weekend pass?

bahaha
Don't push yourself to the limits...Push yourself past them
Blush

Postby Fitness Nette on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:11 pm

Shhh....it's Monday and they haven't found me yet!!
Fitness Nette

Postby Blush on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:44 pm

I choose not to guarantee that I will keep your secret forever...

I have the attention span of a peanut
Don't push yourself to the limits...Push yourself past them
Blush

Postby Dorothy06 on Tue May 26, 2009 12:41 am

Rob wrote:Well, if you had to put a number on how many pounds of fat you wanted to lose, what would it be?

do you track body composition, or just weight?

age?

how often per week do you exercise?

what sort of exercise do you do?

lets start there

Fitness Nette wrote:I currently eat a fairly clean diet and would love to see what someone could do to refine it.

I LOVE that statement. I was just talking about "eating clean" and what that means. What does that mean? it's so subjective.

I'm going to be working with awthorn this first round (see his weight loss story here) He's 405lbs, getting married in a few days and this is going to be my wedding present to him. I am surrounded by weddings these days. What is with that? my guides giving me a hint that the girl I met is the right one? Most people would dismiss a sign like this, but the volume has been turned full blast on this wedding thing. Geesh

In my own opinion, I better be glad if I maintained my body now.
Hmmm... Just cleaning our house, and other household works will do to have my exercise.
Right?

Return to Pimp My Diet